SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Alaska Day Festival annually commemorates the Transfer of Russian claim of Alaska to the United States of America at Sitka on October 18, 1867, and celebrates the diversity of cultures and historical perspectives of our people. The 2017 Sesquicentennial of the Treaty of Cession is being marked with events across the state of Alaska including Sitka.
Other daytime or evening events and activities will be added to this schedule, including:
- Arrival of special guests,
- Interpretive programs at museums and parks, services at churches,
- Special lectures, exhibits and displays,
- Receptions, luncheons, food sales,
- Historic sites and buildings tours,
- Pipe band appearances,
- Alaska Native and other dancing,
- Road race, kayak races, croquet games,
- Entertainment at various locations to be announced.
* indicates event sponsored by Alaska Day Committee
2017 Festival trustees are Ted Allio (chairman), Joan Berge (treasurer), Betty Conklin, Helen Cunningham, Steve Dalquist (vice chairman), Jen Houx, Lisa Langenfeld, Marsha Lysons, Elaine Strelow (secretary), Linda Trierschield, and MaryLou Vilandre.Thank you to all who had a part in the success of last year's Festival. Help us plan for this year. Alaska Day Festival Committee, PO Box 1355, Sitka, Alaska 99835
Click on the "Look for More" link in the calendar to see October events.